Monday, June 25, 2012

There has been a lot of changes during the last weeks. The biggest one is that my wife Yana and me have moved to Melbourne, Australia. And we've had really crazy, on the other hand very exiting the last 3 days. But I'd like to write about it later.
Now I feel nostalgia for native town a little. So while reminiscences from our trip to Svetlovodsk that had place three weeks ago haven't faded yet I want to review our short journey. For Yana it was the first visit to Svetlovodsk. For the person who was brought up in St. Petersburg such tiny town like Svetlovodsk can't make a great impression. I suppose she regards my homeland like dacha.
With each following visit to Svetlovodsk what I see disappoints me more and more. People live miserable life, there are a lot of unemployed young people with who haven't place to go. There is a lot of rubbish everywhere.
The only pleasant thing in visiting hometown it's to see relatives and friends. Though meetings with friends aren't so exiting more like it used to be: Some friends are busy, others - settled down to married life and fellowship become poor.
I'd like to see Svetlovodsk in a year, but afraid that contrast with Melbourne will be huge than with St Petersburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment